Resort at Squaw Creek offers everything you need for an ideal family vacation in Lake Tahoe, California.
Ski-in/ski-out access to Squaw Valley USA. A private ice rink. Three heated swimming pools. A 120-foot water slide. An 18-hole championship golf course. Two lighted tennis courts. 18 kilometers of cross-country skiing terrain. A sledding hill.
All of these fun things to do are right here at the resort -- and just a short walk from your room. So whether winter or summer beckons, families call Resort at Squaw Creek home. Again and again.
For more information or help making reservations, please contact our Concierge at 530.581.6610 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Activities - Summer
- Swimming - Our outdoor oasis features a large recreation pool, plunge pool, 120-foot waterslide, children's pool and 3 outdoor all-season whirlpools. The heated lap pool is open year-round. Our plunge pool and waterslide open in the summer.
- Golf - The resort offers family golf specials in the late afternoon, giving families the opportunity to play a quick and easy round on the front nine holes from our family tees (located approximately 150 yards from the green).
- Tennis - Two private courts are available.
- Hiking and Backpacking - The resort's nature trail begins just beyond our chairlift and connects you to a variety of trails around Squaw Valley's peaks. Or, ask our concierge for tips on nearby trails in North Lake Tahoe.
- Mountain Biking and Scenic Bike Path Rides - Take your family on a leisurely ride along the Truckee River bike path to Tahoe City or cruise over to the Village at Squaw Valley. The resort offers cruiser bikes, mountain bikes, kid carts and tag-along rentals for family outings.
- Horseback Riding - Explore nearby Alpine Meadows on a guided horseback ride, or give the little cowpokes in your party a gentle pony ride.
- Fly Fishing and Guided Fly Fishing - Resort at Squaw Creek's on-site Fly Fishing Center offers guided trips and classes on two private ponds, and the nearby Truckee River.
- Mountain Buddies- This supervised program offers children ages 4 to 12 a variety of activities, including biking, hiking, tennis, swimming, arts and crafts, games and more.
Family Activities - Winter
- Snowshoeing - Enjoy the beautiful meadow at Squaw Creek or head into the backcountry of Squaw Valley. Our Nordic Center offers snowshoe and boot rentals, as well as guided snowshoe tours.
- Sledding - Grab the family and enjoy a day of sledding on our designated hill just beyond the Squaw Creek chairlift. You can rent sleds and snow boots at our Nordic Center.
- Ice skating - Glide around the resort's outdoor exhibition rink with a view of Squaw Valley's six peaks, then warm up with a mug of hot chocolate. We rent figure and hockey skates, as well as helmets.
- Snowmobiling - Zip across some of the most breathtaking snowmobile trails through a private backcountry preserve.
- Dog sled tours - Learn to harness and handle the dogs, then sit back and enjoy the ride through Squaw Valley. Squaw Creek Dogsled Tours (530) 550-8133
- Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides - Take a ride through the meadow on a horse drawn sleigh! This activity is fun for all ages. Borges RSC Sleigh Rides (530) 580-8439 or sleighrideatsc.com.
- Broomball - For exhilarating family fun, arrange a tournament on our ice-skating rink of this Canadian ice sport, played in a similar fashion to hockey. Players wear boots and hit a small ball around the ice with a stick called a "broom." We'll provide all of your equipment.
- High Camp - Take the Cable Car to the top of Squaw Valley USA, where you can go for a dip in the pool at the Swimming Lagoon & Spa and visit the 1960 Olympic Museum.
- Swimming - Dash outdoors to the resort's year-round pool complex for swimming in our 25-meter heated pool and soaking in our whirlpool tubs.
- Mountain Buddies - This supervised program offers children ages 4 to 12 a variety of activities, including sledding, snowman-making, ice skating, arts and crafts, games and more.
Some activities are dependent on weather and subject to change. Reservations may be required in advance. Please call 530.583.6300 to inquire.