Resort at Squaw CreekTM offers everything that ideal family vacations in Lake Tahoe, California, are made of:
An exclusive chairlift. A private ice rink. Three heated swimming pools. A 120-foot water slide.
An 18-hole championship golf course. Two lighted tennis courts. 18 kilometers of select cross-country skiing terrain. An arcade. And a sledding hill.
All of these fun things to do are right here at the resort -- and just a short walk from your room. So whether winter or summer beckons, families call Resort at Squaw CreekTM home. Again and again.
Family Activities - Summer Activity Guide
Bring the whole family to Resort at Squaw CreekTM in summer and enjoy endless opportunities for outdoor recreation and relaxation! With this much to do, summer in the Sierra Nevada Mountains won't soon be forgotten.
- Swimming - Our outdoor oasis features a large recreation pool, plunge pool, 120-foot waterslide, children's pool and 3 outdoor all-season whirlpools. The heated lap pool is open year-round. Our plunge pool and waterslide open in the summer.
- Golf - The resort offers family golf specials in the late afternoon, giving families the opportunity to play a quick and easy round on the front nine holes from our family tees (located approximately 150 yards from the green).
- Tennis - With court rentals free to resort guests, it's easy to schedule a game with the family. And, whether you're just learning or an ace, we can help improve your game. Tournaments, clinics, lessons and private court reservations are available.
- Hiking and Backpacking - The resort's nature trail begins just beyond our chairlift and connects you to a variety of trails around Squaw Valley's peaks. For an offsite adventure, sign up for one of our daily guided hikes up Granite Chief Trail. These moderate-level, half-day hikes climb through woods and past waterfalls toward the Granite Chief Peak and Shirley Lake.
- Mountain Biking and Scenic Bike Path Rides - Take your family on a leisurely ride along the Truckee River bike path to Tahoe City or cruise over the Squaw Valley. The resort offers rentals of mountain bikes, kid carts and tag-alongs for family outings.
- Horseback Riding - Explore Apline Meadows on a guided horseback riding tour, or give the little cowpokes in your party a gentle pony ride.
- Fly Fishing and Guided Fly Fishing - Resort at Squaw Creek's on-site Fly Fishing Center offers guided trips to nearby ponds and the Truckee River, which provide a tranquil setting for fly-fishing beginners and enthusiasts alike.
- Mountain BuddiesTM - This supervised program offers children ages 4 to 12 a variety of activities, including biking, hiking, tennis, swimming, arts and crafts, games and more.
Family Activities - Winter Activity Guide
With an average annual snowfall of 450 inches, Resort at Squaw CreekTM is the perfect place for snowy alpine adventures. You'll find something here for every member of the family.
- Snowshoeing - Enjoy the beautiful meadow at Squaw Creek or head into the backcountry of Squaw Valley. Our Nordic Center offers snowshoe and boot rentals, as well as guided snowshoe tours.
- Sledding - Grab the family and enjoy a day of sledding on our designated hill just beyond the Squaw Creek chairlift. You can rent sleds and snow boots at our Nordic Center.
- Ice skating - Glide around the resort's outdoor exhibition rink, with its background of the Sierra Nevada range, then warm up with a mug of hot chocolate. We rent figure and hockey skates, as well as helmets. (Opens late December.)
- Snowmobiling - Zip across some of the most breathtaking snowmobile trails through a private backcountry preserve. Contact the Resort's Concierge desk or Squaw Valley to make your reservations.
- Dog sled tours - Learn to harness and handle the dogs, then sit back and enjoy the ride through Squaw Valley. Opened Winter season (conditions permitting)
- Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides - Take a ride through the meadow on a horse drawn sleigh! This activity is fun for all ages. Some conditions may require the horses to stay home for safety. Open Winter season (conditions permitting)
- Broomball - For exhilarating family fun, arrange a tournament on our ice-skating rink of this Canadian ice sport, played in a similar fashion to hockey. Players wear boots and hit a small ball around the ice with a stick called a "broom." We'll provide all of your equipment. (Opens late December.)
- High Camp - Take the aerial cable car to the top of Squaw Valley USA, where you can go for a dip in the pool at the Swimming Lagoon & Spa, a visit to the 1960 Olympic Museum, and dining at one of four upper-mountain restaurants.
- Swimming - Dash outdoors to the resort's year-round pool complex for swimming in our 25-meter heated pool and soaking in our whirlpool tubs.
- Mountain BuddiesTM - Designed for children ages 4 to 12, this supervised program offers a variety of fun activities such as sledding, snowshoeing, ice skating, Nordic skiing and snow play.Family Activities - Summer
Some activities are dependent on weather and subject to change.
Reservations may be required in advance.
Please call Resort at Squaw CreekTM (530) 583-6300 for more information. Additional contact information: Squaw Creek Nordic Center (530) 583-6300 ext 6631; Squaw Creek Ice Rink (530) 583-6300 ext 6802; Squaw Creek Dogsled Tours (530) 550-8133. Borges RSC Sleigh Rides (530) 580-8439 or sleighrideatsc.com.