Squaw Creek works on a number of green initiatives all year long to keep Lake Tahoe Blue and our earth green. Recycling and saving water is ultra-important to North Lake Tahoe and promoting sustainability is at the top of our list. Energy conservation is the common denominator in all our eco efforts. Here’s a list of all the things we do to celebrate Earth Day in Lake Tahoe.
We are encouraging guests to save energy, water, and paper and reduce air pollution by:
- Turning off lights & closing drapes in guestrooms
- Requesting room confirmations sent via email
- Participating in our decline service program
- Using our free shuttle service to the Village at Squaw or enjoy a nature walk through Squaw Valley’s meadows
Resort at Squaw Creek, an eco-friendly resort practices green initiatives daily.
- RSC is recognized by Audubon International as a Certified Cooperative Sanctuary & uses ecologically sound maintenance practices to ensure a safe haven for both people and wildlife
- RSC is in the process of installing a hydroponic garden on the roof to grow veggies, herbs and salads right in our backyard
- RSC is introducing a bee program to produce our own honey
- We offer charging stations to overnight guests arriving in Hybrid vehicles
- Housekeeping has an opt-out service and in return, guests receive a $5 coupon to redeem in outlets
- We have recycle bins and donate retired linens to charity
- Our spa products are made from natural herbs and organic ingredients