There are plenty of good reasons to sneak up to Tahoe in the winter, but here are our Top 5 reasons to do it in the middle of the week.
1) Have the place to yourself! From restaurants to ski slopes to the drive to/from your favorite Tahoe ski spot, it's just you and a couple of local residents enjoying yourselves.
2) More affordable! From lift tickets to accommodations, everything is just a little bit cheaper during the week.
3) Clear your brain! There's nothing like a day spent in the clear mountain air to clear the cobwebs out of your brain and get your body working again.
4) Do you really use all your vacation days? Be honest. Americans are notorious for leaving vacation days on the table. Why? This makes no sense. Recharge yourself with a few days in the mountains.
5) FOMO your friends. You know you've been watching all those Instagram feeds lately and feeling like you don't do enough with your own life. There is actually a clinical treatment for this - get outside!
Or, in the words of John Muir: “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn.”