If you are one of those Americans who leaves a few earned vacation days on the table every year, let us help you out. We have ten awesome ideas for how to spend one more day connecting with your family and friends, one more day taking care of yourself, or just one more day away from your workplace. Because you don't want to look back and say, "boy, I wish I would have spent one more day working."
1. Rent a boat and get out on Lake Tahoe. Then jump off the boat and go for a swim. D.L. Bliss State Park is a great spot for this. If you kayak south from the beach, look for the rope swing. Pull your kayak up onto a boulder, climb up the rope swing, and let loose. Repeat. Pure summertime freedom.
2. Explore one of the beaches on Tahoe's East Shore. Sand Harbor State Park and Nevada Beach State Park are both incredibly gorgeous with excellent swimming areas and magnificent views across the lake at the West Shore's massive peaks.
3. Play another round of golf. North Lake Tahoe is chocked full of 18-hole championship golf courses. You need to play at least three rounds to get the full scope of High Sierra mountain golf.
4. Stay over Sunday night so you can rent a bike and cruise down to Tahoe City for the Sunday night free concerts at Commons Beach. Have a picnic dinner, dance a little, and then cruise back along the bike path.
5. Hike up to Shirley Lake from the base of Squaw Valley, take a dip, and then take the Aerial Tram back to the Village for happy hour.
6. Plan a getaway around one of the awesome summer festivals in the Village at Squaw Valley. Or come for the fun mid-week events, like Bluesdays, Truckee Thursdays, and the Outdoor Summer Movie Series.
7. Take a Family Fly Fishing Class with Matt Heron Fly Fishing right here at Resort at Squaw Creek.
8. Explore the unique shops in Historic Downtown Truckee. Local artists are plentiful in the Tahoe area and this is a great place to find them! Plus, there are plenty of tasty spots to grab a bit to eat.
9. Take a mountain bike tour of Tahoe with Tahoe Mountain Guides. They can set you up with gear, and show you some of the best trails in the area while catering to your skill level.
10. Spent your whole trip outdoors? Treat yourself to a day at Spa at Squaw Creek to get all cleaned up, refreshed, and ready to go back to the rest of your life.
What would you do with one more day in Lake Tahoe?