Here are five ideas to help you plan the perfect girlfriend getaway to Tahoe this winter.
1) Just pack up and go. Wing it. Fly by the seat of your ski pants. Get your favorite girls in the car, head up to the mountains, and let Mother Nature (another of our favorite girls) do the rest. Whether it's skiing, snowshoeing, or a snowmobiling adventure, our concierge can help you make the rest of your plans once you arrive.
2) Did someone say Spa? Massages, facials, and body treatments at Spa at Squaw Creek are an excellent way to spend an afternoon. Lounge in The Sanctuary before your treatments and catch up, then head out for an intimate dinner at Six Peaks Grille. Finish the day in the hot tubs under the stars.
3) Boutique shopping in Historic Downtown Truckee. Local artists have set up shop, local boutique owners have an eye for the unique, and local restaurants are putting their own contemporary spin on mountain cuisine. Spend a few hours walking and talking around Truckee's local shops and restaurants.
4) Take your skiing to the next level with Squaw Valley's Women of Winter three day clinic on March 1-3, 2015. Top off your weekend by enjoying our Four Diamond service and luxuriously appointed ski-in/ski-out suites. Pick up a picnic dinner from Sweet Potatoes Deli and relax after your day on the slopes.
5) Make a mountain of memories with Mom. Bring your daughter, your mom, or all three generations up to the mountains for some serious girl time. Drink hot chocolate for breakfast, make a snowman, ski wherever you want, go ice skating on our private rink, roast s'mores in one of our outdoor firepits, float in the heated pool while you catch snowflakes on your tongue, and get dessert before dinner (we won't tell).
Women's Clinics at Squaw Valley. Photo credit: Squaw Valley