March and April bring great spring skiing to the Lake Tahoe area, but there are plenty of other ways to take advantage of the beautiful spring days. Here are our Top 5 ways to have fun off the slopes.
1. Go for a snowshoe to see something totally new. There are myriad trails both around and above Lake Tahoe that offer amazing views, plenty of fresh air, and something even more rare - complete silence.
2. Kayak on completely still waters. Experienced kayakers know that winter is actually the best time to get out on the lake. Little to no boat traffic, perfectly calm waters, intense clarity, and crystalline turquoise hues are so inviting, you almost want to jump in (though we recommend staying in your boat!).
3. Take advantage of all the great winter sales. Just about every sports shop in Tahoe City, Squaw Valley, and Truckee puts this year's winter goods on sale starting sometime in March. Pick up great deals on brand new gear, demo equipment, even this year's rental fleet as the ski season winds down.
4. It's party time! Spring is replete with special events all over Lake Tahoe. Check out the Tahoe event calendar at gotahoenorth.com for a good round-up of all the goings on.
5. Create your own retreat. Ease your body's transition out of winter with an invigorating full body scrub, a relaxing massage, and a custom facial at Spa at Squaw Creek. Take a few yoga classes - there are studios in Squaw Valley, Tahoe City, and Truckee. Dine with good friends at the area's top restaurants. By the end of the weekend, you'll be fully refreshed and ready for spring.