Lake Tahoe's Resort at Squaw Creek Delivers 'Summer Magical Memories'
Themed weekend events through August 30
Olympic Valley, Calif. - With the debut of Summer Magical Memories, new themed weekends taking place from July 10 through August 30 at AAA Four-Diamond Resort at Squaw Creek, North Lake Tahoe's most complete resort, a summer celebration similar to the annual Magical Memories festivities that take place every winter season has been created for summer guests. Capturing passions of all types of visitors, the events for Summer Magical Memories include fly fishing, kids' camps, spa health and wellness weekends with yoga classes and skin care clinics, golf clinics coordinated with the latest equipment demonstrations, and culinary weekends with classes and tastings to suit every summer taste. Events are open to guests staying at Resort at Squaw Creek.
All weekends kickoff with a reception on Friday evening, with events continuing through Sunday. A portion of the activities do have an associated fee, but many events are free. For activities that do have a fee, packages will be available online, along with a complete Summer Magical Memories events calendar, at http://www.visitsquawcreek.com/ beginning on June 1, 2009. Advance reservations are suggested since selected events have limited space.
Summer Magical Memories weekends Include:
- July 10-12: Fly Fishing Fest presented by High Altitude Adventures. Clinics, casting and fly-tying demos, and on-water excursions. All events free to registered hotel guests, except the expert-guided Truckee River on-water clinics, which are $50 per person.
- July 17-19: Mountain Buddies Summer Camp presented by Mountain Buddies. The ultimate mountain adventure kids camp for children ages 4-12. Guided mountain hikes, crafts, games, Squaw Valley USA Cable Car rides and more. The Camp runs $99 per child for the Friday night and all-day Saturday (9:00 AM - 10:00 PM) activities.
- July 24-26 and August 21-23: Yoga and Wellness presented by Spa at Squaw Creek. Healthy cuisine (expert-led organic wine and food tastings; special dinners), yoga, sun safety classes, skin care clinics, hikes and more. All events except the Chef's Table are free for Resort at Squaw Creek hotel guests.
- August 7 - 9: Family Golf Weekend presented by Resort at Squaw Creek's Golf Club. Receptions, gear demos, contests, clinics, tournaments (including a nighttime glow-in-the-dark version) and more. Special Squaw Creek Sport Shop sale pricing for golf participants. All events are free for Resort at Squaw Creek hotel guests, with the exception of golf tournaments, which have a fee.
- July 31 - Aug. 2: Summer Passions - a culinary exploration with cooking demos, summer beverage classes, wine and gourmet cuisine tastings. A romantic outdoor movie under the stars and culinary event will take place on Saturday night. Complete weekend package of events runs $125 per person.
- August 14 - 16: Family Tahoe Outdoor Adventures presented by High Altitude Adventures. Games, hikes, horse-drawn hay rides, ropes course climbing, kayaking on Lake Tahoe and river rafting on the calm and swim-friendly portion of the Truckee River. Fees apply to water activities and ropes climbing. On-property events are free to Resort at Squaw Creek hotel guests.
- August 21-23: Yoga and Wellness presented by Spa at Squaw Creek (as noted above). Free to all hotel guests, except for Chef's Table.
- August 29-30: Back Yard BBQ Favorites presented by Resort at Squaw Creek's culinary team. BBQ cooking demos, food and wine pairing, chili cook-off (guests and Resort's culinary team compete), ice cream and sorbet making classes, tequila tastings and other culinary activities. Wine experts give presentations. Saturday night includes a Resort at Squaw Creek-style outdoor BBQ dinner and line dancing lessons. Complete weekend package of events runs $125 per person.
"We know guests are looking for maximum value this summer, so we jam-packed the summer weekends with fun offerings they will not find anywhere else," said Richard McLennan, general manager of Resort at Squaw Creek, a Destination Hotels & Resorts-managed property. "We've always been North Lake Tahoe's most complete resort, but with Summer Magical Memories, we've taken it to a whole new level."
In addition, Resort at Squaw Creek's summer voucher program will offer guests of the hotel discounts on dining, spa treatments, golf and other recreation. One voucher packet will be given for each room reservation.
For more information, reservations or complete event details, call 800.401.9501 or visit http://www.visitsquawcreek.com/.
Resort at Squaw Creek is a Destination Hotels & Resorts-managed property. Recently recognized as one of Condé Nast Traveler's "Top 50 Ski Hotels" in North America, the 405-room and suite Resort at Squaw Creek is situated at the base of Squaw Valley USA, five miles from Lake Tahoe. The property features diverse dining options, a full-service spa, and a year-round pool complex with seasonal waterslide. During the summer months, guest can enjoy guided hikes, river rafting on the nearby Truckee River, miles of bike trails and variety of water activities at Lake Tahoe.
High-resolution, downloadable images of the Resort at Squaw Creek and images of other properties in the Destination Hotels & Resorts collection are available by visiting www.leonardo.com/destination.