Resort at Squaw Creek, A Destination Hotel Takes Winter Family Fun To Next Level
Daily $75 Resort Credit with "Stay and Play" Offer
When guests book their stay with the Resort at Squaw Creek, A Destination Hotel they are getting a lot more than a place to rest their head at night. With a private base area full of winter fun just steps away from the hotel, families have access to dogsledding, ice-skating, snowshoe tours and more on a daily basis.
Families looking to join in the fun can book their trip with the Stay and Play promotion. This special offer includes rates starting at $299 per night and a daily $75 resort credit that can be put towards ski and snowboard rentals, a relaxing spa treatment, ice skating, a savory dinner and more.
The resort offers a full slate of family programming which is typically only available through ski resorts – not the supporting hotels. These activities include:
- Dog Sled Tours: Learn to harness and handle the dogs, then sit back and enjoy the ride through Squaw Valley.
- Mocktails to Cocktails: Grab a drink with the whole family. With a menu of specialty non-alcoholic mocktails in addition to cocktails, everyone in the family will find something refreshing to quench their thirst.
- Kids Chillax Spa: Adults often use the spa as a tool to unwind but children rarely have the same opportunity. Resort at Squaw Creek decided to create a space where little ones can go to slow down, relax and be mindful. There are only three rules in the spa, kids have to have fun, giggle, and chillax! Children can participate in a variety of treatments centered around mindfulness including aromatherapy washcloths, cool cucumbers, hand/foot treatments, deep breathing exercises and stretching.
- Sledding Hill: Enjoy a day of sledding on the resort’s designated hill just beyond the Squaw Creek chairlift. Sled and snow boot rentals are available at the Nordic Center.
- Mountain Buddies: This supervised program offers children ages four to 12 a variety of activities to get excited about including, sledding, snowman-making, ice skating, arts and crafts, games and more.
- Year Round Pool: Three heated whirlpools and a heated lap pool are available year round. In the summer there is a plunge pool and 120-foot water slide for kids to enjoy too.
The family-friendly elements do not end with activities. Many rooms offer the comfort of home with a resort style kitchen, great for grabbing a quick snack or warming up a late night bite.
To book a reservation at the resort or to learn more about Magical Memories and the “Stay and Play” lodging package, please visit www.squawcreek.com or call (800) 327-3353.
Resort at Squaw Creek recently completed a $7 million guest room renovation to further enhance the experience for travelers visiting the Lake Tahoe region. As part of the renovation, guest rooms have been refinished with soothing neutral textures and colors such as warm wood tones, rich leather, mixed metal and natural stone. Mindful of the property’s stunning views, the design includes new elements of light drapery and pops of color to complement and maximize Resort at Squaw Creek’s surroundings. The new modern meets mountain design aims to give guests a sense of place as it draws inspiration from natural surroundings found in the Olympic Valley and surrounding Sierra Mountain range.
With an abundance of amenities and location 10 minutes from the shores of Lake Tahoe, Resort at Squaw Creek is a AAA Four Diamond property offering guests year-round recreational opportunities including an 18-hole Robert Trent Jones Jr. championship golf course, guided fly-fishing tours, and access to miles of hiking and biking trails, as well as five restaurants highlighting regionally sourced ingredients, the award-winning Spa at Squaw Creek, three outdoor heated swimming pools, and a shopping promenade. In winter, guests enjoy ski-in/ski-out access to Squaw Valley USA, a private ice rink, and a Nordic center. The 405-room resort has been recognized as a “Top 50 Ski Hotel” in North America and “Top 150 Resorts: Mainland” by Condé Nast Traveler.
About Destination Hotels
Destination Hotels (Destination) is a collection of luxury and upscale independent hotels, resorts and residences across the United States. Offering authentically-immersed and enriching experiences, each property is individual at heart, yet connected by a commitment to drawing upon the best of each location. Highly distinct, the Destination experience is always memorable and matchless; guests will feel the locale in a genuine way through each property and during the engaging moments cultivated both in and outside of them. Continuously growing with more than 40 properties from coast to coast, the award-winning portfolio features 20 renowned golf courses, 19 indigenous spas, and 110 exceptional bars and restaurants. Destination Hotels are true to our place; diverse by design. For more information, visit www.destinationhotels.com. Follow us on Twitter: @Destination. Like us on Facebook: DestinationHotels.
Kristin Yantis or Melissa Delekta, Malen Yantis Public Relations, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, (970) 949-7919
High-resolution, downloadable images of the Resort at Squaw Creek and images of other properties in the Destination Hotels & Resorts collection are available by visiting www.leonardo.com/destination.