Ultimate Kids Camp Weekend at Resort at Squaw Creek
On-Property Mountain Buddies Program Highlighted
Olympic Valley, Calif. - Resort at Squaw Creek's Summer Magical Memories celebration weekends continue with "Mountain Buddies Summer Camp" on July 17-19. Featuring activities that will leave children enchanted, and educated, the camp weekend is open to children ages 4-12 for $99, inclusive of all summer camp events and dinner Friday night and lunch and dinner on Saturday.
Activities range from nature hikes with an expert sharing insight into the ecology of the region in a kid-friendly way, to s'more roasts by the fire, scavenger hunts, including a glow-in-the-dark version, and a cable car ride to Squaw Valley's High Camp for ice skating and swimming. Parents can get an introduction to the fun in store over the weekend at welcome reception, with appetizers and beverages, T-shirt tye-dyeing and the camp leaders in attendance. The reception begins at 6:00 PM on July 17.
The entirety of Summer Magical Memories, a series of themed weekends, spans July 10 through August 30. All weekends kickoff with a reception on Friday evening, with events continuing through Sunday. A portion of the activities do have an associated fee, but many events are free for registered hotel guests. For activities that do have a fee, packages will be available online, along with a complete Summer Magical Memories events calendar, at http://www.magicalsquawcreek.com/. Advance reservations are suggested since selected events have limited space.
Summer Magical Memories weekends Include:
- July 10-12: Fly Fishing Fest presented by High Altitude Adventures. Clinics, casting and fly-tying demos, and on-water excursions. All events free to registered hotel guests, except the expert-guided Truckee River on-water clinics, which are $50 per person.
- July 24-26 and August 21-23: Yoga and Wellness presented by Spa at Squaw Creek. Healthy cuisine (expert-led organic wine and food tastings; special dinners), yoga, sun safety classes, skin care clinics, hikes and more. All events except the Chef's Table are free for Resort at Squaw Creek hotel guests.
- August 7 - 9: Family Golf Weekend presented by Resort at Squaw Creek's Golf Club. Receptions, gear demos, contests, clinics, tournaments (including a nighttime glow-in-the-dark version) and more. Special Squaw Creek Sport Shop sale pricing for golf participants. All events are free for Resort at Squaw Creek hotel guests, with the exception of golf tournaments, which have a fee.
- July 31 - Aug. 2: Summer Passions - a culinary exploration with cooking demos, summer beverage classes, wine and gourmet cuisine tastings. A romantic outdoor movie under the stars and culinary event will take place on Saturday night. Complete weekend package of events runs $125 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Co-sponsored by Chateau Ste. Michelle Wine Estates.
- August 14 - 16: Family Tahoe Outdoor Adventures presented by High Altitude Adventures. Games, hikes, horse-drawn hay rides, ropes course climbing, kayaking on Lake Tahoe and river rafting on the calm and swim-friendly portion of the Truckee River. Fees apply to water activities and ropes climbing. On-property events are free to Resort at Squaw Creek hotel guests.
- August 21-23: Yoga and Wellness presented by Spa at Squaw Creek (as noted above). Free to all hotel guests, except for Chef's Table.
- August 29-30: Back Yard BBQ Favorites presented by Resort at Squaw Creek's culinary team. BBQ cooking demos, food and wine pairing, chili cook-off (guests and Resort's culinary team compete), ice cream and sorbet making classes, tequila tastings and other culinary activities. Wine experts give presentations. Saturday night includes a Resort at Squaw Creek-style outdoor BBQ dinner and line dancing lessons. Complete weekend package of events runs $125 per person, plus tax and gratuity.
In addition, Resort at Squaw Creek's summer voucher program will offer guests of the hotel discounts on dining, spa treatments, golf and other recreation. One voucher packet will be given for each room reservation.
For more information, reservations or complete event details, call 800.401.9501 or visit http://www.visitsquawcreek.com/.
Resort at Squaw Creek is a Destination Hotels & Resorts-managed property. Recently recognized as one of Condé Nast Traveler's "Top 50 Ski Hotels" in North America, the 405-room and suite Resort at Squaw Creek is situated at the base of Squaw Valley USA, five miles from Lake Tahoe. The property features diverse dining options, a full-service spa, and a year-round pool complex with seasonal waterslide. During the summer months, guest can enjoy on-property golf, guided hikes, river rafting on the nearby Truckee River, miles of bike trails and variety of water activities at Lake Tahoe.
High-resolution, downloadable images of the Resort at Squaw Creek and images of other properties in the Destination Hotels & Resorts collection are available by visiting www.leonardo.com/destination.