Resort at Squaw CreekTM offers an unparalleled recreational experience in Squaw Valley, California for all outdoor adventurers.
Outdoor Adventures - Winter
In addition to downhill skiing and snowboarding in the winter Squaw Valley offers cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating, dog sledding and snowmobiling.
- Ice skating - Glide around the resort's outdoor exhibition rink surrounded with international flags and Sierra Nevada range as your backdrop, then warm up with a hot toddy or mug of hot chocolate. Hours are 10am-10pm. Bring your own skates or rent ours.
- Snowshoeing - Enjoy the beautiful meadow at Squaw Creek or head into the backcountry of Squaw Valley. Our Nordic Center offers snowshoe and boot rentals.
- Sledding - Relive the thrills of your childhood and enjoy a day of sledding on our designated hill just beyond the Squaw Creek chairlift.
- Snowmobiling - Zip across some of the most breathtaking snowmobile trails through a private backcountry preserve and capture some of the best view in Tahoe.
- Dog sled tours - Learn to harness and handle the dogs, or just sit back and enjoy the ride.
- Sleigh Rides - Glide through the meadow on a horse drawn sleigh (are you thinking Jingle Bells?) Some conditions may require the horses stay home for safety. Please be sure to call ahead.
- Broomball - You can't believe how fun it is to hit a small ball around the ice with a stick called a "broom." Arrange a spirited tournament of this Canadian ice sport on our ice-skating rink.
- High Camp - Take the aerial cable car to the top of Squaw Valley USA for ice skating at the Olympic Ice Pavilion, a dip in the pool at the Swimming Lagoon & Spa, a visit to the 1960 Olympic Museum, or dining at one of four upper-mountain restaurants.
- Swimming - Dash outdoors to the resort's year-round water oasis for swimming in our 25-meter heated pool and soaking in our three whirlpool tubs.
Some activities are dependent on weather and subject to change. Reservations may be required in advance.
Outdoor Adventures - Summer
After the snow melts, Squaw Valley transforms into some of the nation's greatest outdoor recreation terrain. Resort at Squaw CreekTM provides easy access to miles of hiking, and California mountain biking trails - right outside our door as well as Horseback riding in neighboring Alpine Meadows. You'll also enjoy the resort's water oasis center for swimming and sunning.
- Fly fishing and guided fly fishing - On-site ponds and the Truckee River provide a tranquil setting for fly-fishing beginners and enthusiasts alike. More information
- Hiking and backpacking - The resort's nature trail begins just beyond our chairlift and connects you to a variety of trails around Squaw Valley's peaks. For an offsite adventure, sign up for one of our guided hikes up Granite Chief Trail, which climbs through woods and past waterfalls toward the Granite Chief Peak and Shirley Lake. Check out our Lake Tahoe hiking map for ideas of places to hike.
- Mountain biking and scenic bike path rides - Take a challenging mountain bike ride on one of many single-track trails near the resort. Or, go for a leisurely ride along California's Truckee River bike path to Tahoe City or cruise over the Squaw Valley.
- Horseback riding - Explore the Sierras on a guided horseback ride through Alpine Meadows.
- Kayaking and rafting - The world-class whitewater of the beautiful Truckee River will give you thrills, spills and chills.
- Swimming - Our outdoor oasis features a large recreation pool, plunge pool, 120-foot waterslide, children's pool and 3 outdoor all-season whirlpools. The main pool is open year-round. Our plunge pool and waterslide open in the summer. Two hot tubs are reserved for adults only. Open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
- Tennis - Work on your serve on our private tennis courts under brilliant blue Sierra skies. And, whether you're just learning or an ace, Resort at Squaw Creek's tennis pro can help improve your game. The tennis courts are currently closed for the winter and should re-open as soon as the snow melts: around Memorial Day weekend.
Please call Resort at Squaw CreekTM (530) 583-6300 for more information. Some activities are booked directly through the vendors. Additional contact information for winter activities: Squaw Creek Nordic Center (530) 583-6300 ext 6631; Squaw Creek Ice Rink (530) 583-6300 ext 6802, Squaw Creek Dogsled Tours - book directly (530) 550-8133; Borges RSC Sleigh Rides - book directly (530) 580-8439